Back in 1919…
Bisson Moss was established in 1919 by Mr C H Bisson, who was succeeded by his son, Gordon Bisson. In 1978 Gordon Bisson became only the second lawyer practising in Hawke’s Bay to be appointed as a Judge of the High Court, then Court of Appeal; he also sat on the Privy Council.
The Art Deco building that Bisson Moss has practised in since the earthquake in 1931 is one of the most notable Art Deco buildings in Napier. Its frontage is based on a similar building designed by renowned architect Frank Lloyd Wright in Chicago.
Found pictured on many a postcard, the building is one of the most photographed buildings on the Art Deco walks popular in Napier.